Payback for Writers and Payback for Visual Artists
Payback submissions are now open.
Please login to make your 2021 Payback claim before 12 am EST on May 31.
Important details about this year’s claim period
All creators affiliated with Access Copyright as of December 31, 2020 will be able to submit a claim for this year’s Payback payment from April 1 to May 31.
Payments will be distributed at the end of November.
Works published in print format from between 2000 to 2019 are eligible to be claimed for this year’s payment. Works published in 2020 will be requested next year. Digital/online works are not eligible.
You do not need to submit a 2021 claim if:
- You submitted a claim in the past and do not have any new (2019) works to add. Your 2021 payment will be calculated based on the data submitted previously.
- You did not publish any works between the years 2000 – 2019 in print format and for which you retain copyright.
To submit your claim or to make changes to your previous submission, please login to our creator portal. If you haven’t signed the new Creator Affiliation Agreement, you will be prompted to review and sign the new agreement.
- General FAQs (English, French)
- Writers: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
- Visual Artists: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com