Payback for Writers and Payback for Visual Artists
Payback submissions are currently being accepted.
Important details about this year’s claim period
All creators affiliated with Access Copyright as of December 31, 2018 will be able to submit a claim for this year’s Payback payment from April 1 to May 31.
Payments will be distributed at the end of November.
Works published in print format from between 1998 to 2017 are eligible to be claimed for this year’s payment. Works published in 2018 will be requested next year. Digital/online works are not eligible.
You do not need to submit a 2019 claim if:
- You submitted a claim in the past and do not have any new (2017) works to add. Your 2019 payment will be calculated based on the data submitted previously; or
- You did not publish any works between the years 1998 – 2017 in print format and for which you retain copyright.
To submit your claim or to make changes to your previous submission, please login to our creator portal here. If you haven’t signed the new Creator Affiliation Agreement, you will be prompted to review and sign the new agreement.
- Payback FAQs (English, French)
- Writers: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
- Visual Artists: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com