Payback for Writers and Payback for Visual Artists
Payback submissions are now open.
Please login to make your 2022 Payback claim before 12 am EST on May 31, 2022.
Important details about this year’s claim period
All creators affiliated with Access Copyright as of December 31, 2021 are able to submit a claim for this year’s Payback payment from April 1 to May 31.
Payments will be distributed at the end of November.
Works published in print format from between 2001 to 2020 are eligible to be claimed for this year’s payment. Works published in 2021 will be requested next year. Digital/online works are not eligible for this year’s Payback payment. With Access Copyright recently extending its affiliation eligibility guidelines to include creators whose sole works exist in digital form, we are pleased to share that creator affiliates will begin to be able to claim these works for Payback as of next year in addition to works that are published in print form, as usual. More information on how to claim works that have only been published digitally will be available in early 2023.
You do not need to submit a 2022 claim if:
- You submitted a claim in the past and do not have any new (2020) works to add. Your 2022 payment will be calculated based on the data submitted previously.
- You did not publish any works between the years 2001 – 2020 in print format for which you retain copyright.
To submit your claim or to make changes to your previous submission, please login to our creator portal here. If you haven’t signed the new Creator Affiliation Agreement, you will be prompted to review and sign the new agreement.
- General FAQs (English, French)
- Writers: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
- Visual Artists: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org