Payback for Writers and Payback for Visual Artists
Payback submissions are now open.
Please login to make your 2023 Payback claim before 12 am EDT on May 31, 2023.
Important details about this year’s claim period
All creators affiliated with Access Copyright as of December 31, 2022 are eligible to submit a claim for this year’s Payback payment from April 1 to May 31.
Payments will be distributed at the end of November.
Works published in print format from between 2002 to 2021 are eligible to be claimed for this year’s payment. Works published in 2022 will be requested next year.
You do not need to submit a 2023 claim if:
- You submitted a claim in the past and do not have any new (2021) works to add. Your 2023 payment will be calculated based on the data submitted previously.
- You did not publish any works between the years 2002 – 2021 in print format for which you retain copyright.
To submit your claim or to make changes to your previous submission, please login to our creator portal here. If you haven’t signed the new Creator Affiliation Agreement, you will be prompted to review and sign the new agreement.
- General FAQs (English, French)
- Writers: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
- Visual Artists: Steps to Complete Your Claim (English, French)
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still receiving royalties from us by cheque?
Please consider signing up for direct deposit so that your royalties can be deposited straight into your bank account and you can save a trip to the bank.