Serving Your Copyright Permission Needs
Access Copyright provides two basic types of licences for your permissions needs in Canada (excluding Quebec where licensing is managed by Copibec):
- Comprehensive - a yearly, renewable licence
- Transactional (pay-per-use) - a one-time, pay-per-use licence
A comprehensive licence gives advance permission for basic photocopying in Canada (excluding Quebec). For more information on getting a comprehensive licence with us, please contact us via phone at 416-868-1620 (toll-free 1-800-893-5777) or via email.
Access Copyright can provide authorization to reproduce and republish copyright protected material for the uses listed below, through our Transactional (pay-per-use) licensing services. Permission to copy with a pay-per-use licence must be sought in advance of any copying and payment.
- Print Reproduction - includes copying a work by a photocopier, fax machine or other similar method
- Print Presentation - including copying a work for use as an overhead or slide and projected onto a screen
- Digital Reproduction - Intranet - includes posting a work from either print or digital form on a website where access is restricted, such as a password-protected company Intranet
- Digital Reproduction - Internet - includes posting a work to a website accessible to the general public
- Digital Reproduction - Device - includes storing a digital or scanned work onto a device such as a CD-ROM, USB port or personal computer, or sending a digital copy or scanned work by e-mail
- Digital Presentation - includes digitally copying a work for use in an electronic presentation such as PowerPoint
- Republishing - if you are looking to commercially publish content that was previously published
Payment for these licences must be made within 30 days of the licence issue date. The cost of a pay-per-use licence depends on prices set by the copyright owners of the materials you wish to copy. Please use the pricing information found on our pricing page to determine an estimated price quote.
Once you have an estimated price quote please complete the appropriate form for your request and e-mail it to email@example.com .
For more information on our permissions services please see our Frequently Asked Questions.