Public Library Photocopying Licence Guidelines for Copying
Your Access Copyright licence gives you pre-authorized permission to:
Copy up to 10% of a published work or the following, whichever is greater:
- An entire chapter which is no more than 20% of a book.
- An entire newspaper article or a page.
- One short story, play, poem, essay, or article from a book or periodical containing other published works.
- One entire entry from an encyclopedia, dictionary, or reference book.
What is NOT Covered by the Licence?
- Publications containing a notice expressly prohibiting copying under licence from a reproduction rights organization.
- Sheet music.
- Works published by Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada or any province or territory, other than the Province of Quebec, and works published by foreign governments, other than Australia and Norway.